They, the Republicans, are a complete and utter anathema to me. Are they unable to see that their actions are transparent, is their ability to objectively discern situations turned off in their brains?
Loaded Potato Soup
The perfect soup for a cold winter’s day
- 4 medium potatoes (rinsed, peeled & diced)
- 1 medium sweet potato (rinsed, peeled & diced)
- 3 medium carrots (rinsed, peeled & diced)
- 1 large onion (peeled & diced)
- 3 stalks celery (rinsed & diced)
- 3 sprigs scallions (rinsed & chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (reserved for veg prep)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced )
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (for roux)
- 4 tablespoons butter (for roux)
- 12 ounces cooked ham (cubed, chopped, etc)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional )
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 32 ounces broth (I use chicken broth, usually from granulated bullion with hot water)
- 1 8 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin seeds (optional )
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop onion, celery & garlic
- Heat olive oil in your cook pot & saute onion, celery & garlic for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add broth, ham & chopped vegetables & bring to a boil then, simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Make your roux by melting the butter & mix in the flour. Keep stirring until light golden brown.
- Add roux, the evaporated milk, cheddar cheese & your spices to the pot.
- Simmer for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy your soup!